What are the 6 main climate zones?
There are six main climate regions: tropical rainy, dry, temperate marine, temperate continental, polar, and highlands. The tropics have two types of rainy climates: tropical wet and tropical wet-and- dry.
What are the 8 climate zones?
CLIMATE ZONE CLASSIFICATION
- POLAR AND TUNDRA. Polar climates are cold and dry, with long, dark winters. …
- BOREAL FOREST. …
- MOUNTAIN. …
- TEMPERATE FOREST. …
- MEDITERRANEAN. …
- DESERT. …
- DRY GRASSLAND. …
- TROPICAL GRASSLAND.
What are the 4 main climate zones?
According to this classification system, four major climatic belts―equatorial, tropical, mid-latitude and arctic (Antarctic), which are dominated by equatorial, tropical, polar and arctic (Antarctic) air masses respectively―are differentiated in the globe.
How many climate regions are there?
What are the 5 main climate zones?
one of five classifications of the Earth’s climates: tropical, dry, mild, continental, and polar.
What are the 7 climate zones?
- A – Tropical Climates. Tropical moist climates extend north and south from the equator to about 15° to 25° latitude. …
- B – Dry Climates. …
- C – Moist Subtropical Mid-Latitude Climates. …
- D – Moist Continental Mid-Latitude Climates. …
- E – Polar Climates. …
- H – Highlands.
What are the 14 climates?
Let’s zone out!
- (Af) TROPICAL CONTINUOUSLY WET.
- (Aw) TROPICAL WINTER-DRY.
- (As) TROPICAL SUMMER-DRY.
- (Am) TROPICAL MONSOON.
- (BSh) HOT SEMI-DESERT.
- (BWh) HOT DESERT.
- (Cfb) CONTINUOUSLY WET WARM TEMPERATE.
- (Csb) SUMMER-DRY WARM TEMPERATE.
What are the 9 climate zones?
|7||a||5 °F (−15 °C)|
|b||10 °F (−12.2 °C)|
|8||a||15 °F (−9.4 °C)|
|b||20 °F (−6.7 °C)|