What types of materials are recycled in Canada?
The different types of recyclable materials collected include:
- Newspapers, including paper flyers.
- Office paper and letter mail.
- Envelopes (without bubble wrap inside)
- Glass jars and bottles.
- Metal cans – beverage and soup cans.
- Books, magazines, telephone books.
- Plastics – Type 1 PETE and 2 HDPE and 4 LDPE.
What are the 5 major types of materials that can be recycled?
The materials that can be recycled are glass, aluminum, plastic water bottles, metal scrap, different kinds of paper, electronics –computers, cellular phones, keyboards, batteries and other small electronic equipment, textile, wood, wire, cables, plastic product, rubber, etc.
What are the 10 materials that can be recycled?
Top 10 Items That Should Always Be Recycled
- Newspapers. Newspapers are one of the easiest materials to recycle. …
- Mixed Paper. …
- Glossy Magazines and Ads. …
- Cardboard. …
- Paperboard. …
- Plastic Drink Bottles. …
- Plastic Product Bottles. …
- Aluminum Cans.
What are 3 materials that can be recycled?
What Can Be Recycled Curbside
- Paper including newspapers, magazines, and mixed paper.
- Cardboard (OCC)
- Glass bottles and jars.
- Rigid plastic products.
- Metal containers, including tin, aluminum, and steel cans.
- Food waste, if your city has an organics collection program.
What materials Cannot be recycled?
- Food waste.
- Food-tainted items (such as: used paper plates or boxes, paper towels, or paper napkins)
- Ceramics and kitchenware.
- Windows and mirrors.
- Plastic wrap.
- Packing peanuts and bubble wrap.
- Wax boxes.