What countries are worst for the environment?
Top 10 polluters
- China, with more than 10,065 million tons of CO2 released.
- United States, with 5,416 million tons of CO2.
- India, with 2,654 million tons of CO2.
- Russia, with 1,711 million tons of CO2.
- Japan, 1,162 million tons of CO2.
- Germany, 759 million tons of CO2.
- Iran, 720 million tons of CO2.
What country has the strictest environmental laws?
Lithuania tops the Environmental Democracy Index so it’s not that surprising that it has some of the strictest environmental laws. Most notably, it provides the public full rights to access environmental information from the government as well as the broad right to make environmental claims in court.
Which country has the best environmental policies?
Most Environmentally Friendly Countries 2021
- Denmark. Denmark has an EPI score of 82.5, making it the most environmentally friendly country in the world. …
- Luxembourg. Luxembourg has an EPI of 82.3. …
- Switzerland. Switzerland is the third-most eco-friendly nation in the world. …
- United Kingdom. …
- France. …
- Austria. …
- Finland. …
What is the dirtiest country?
World air quality report
What is the dirtiest country in the world 2021?
Pollution Index by Country 2021 Mid-Year
Where is the purest air on Earth?
Puerto Rico. In a listing of 106 countries, Puerto Rico tops the spot for the country with the cleanest air in the world.
Does Japan have strict environmental laws?
3.1 Environmental issues and environmental polices in Japan
According to OECD (2003), Japan imposes more stringent standards on air pollution but less stringent standards on water pollution in catchment areas, such as rivers, lakes, and coastal regions, compared to other OECD countries.
What country has the cleanest environment?
Clean water, pure air, efficient handling of waste, and effective sanitation can all significantly improve human health.
Cleanest Countries In The World 2021.
Which country is known as greenest?
Who’s the Greenest of them All?
How eco-friendly is the UK?
The United Kingdom comes in at the 10th place out of 28 of the most eco-costly countries in the EU. This analysis has revealed that the country still has a long way to go to master an eco-friendly lifestyle. … With an EU average of 7.75%, the UK can do better.
What is the least eco-friendly country?
The 10 countries with the worst Environmental Performance Index scores in 2020 were, starting with the worst: Liberia. Myanmar.
- The Republic of Korea (more commonly called South Korea)
- The Islamic Republic of Iran.
- The Russian Federation.