Apple Trade In. Trade in any device in any condition, and we’ll give you credit or recycle it for free.
Does Apple pay you for recycling?
Apple will give you as much as $325 for a Samsung Galaxy S20+ or $315 for the Google Pixel 5. You can also trade in other Android smartphones from Huawei, Nokia, Xiaomi, and more. … While you will not get any credit for these devices, Apple will recycle them for free and pay for the shipping costs.
Is Apple recycling program worth it?
In the end, Apple’s recycle program is a great way to not just get some additional money from those gadgets that are now obsolete (for you), but also do something good for the planet. … In case it’s an old iPhone, then it could even go to Apple’s assembly robot for effective recovery of the materials used.
Can I take my Mac to Apple Store for recycling?
Apple’s recycling program will take any of your devices and recycle them. … And even if the computer doesn’t work, Apple’s partner will make sure the Mac is recycled as much as possible. You can also take an old Mac to an Apple Store to have it recycled.
How do I get rid of my old macbook?
How to recycle electronics of any brand at Apple and Best Buy
- Erase the data from your device if possible.
- Take your device or other electronics to an Apple, Best Buy, or Staples store for free recycling.
- Apple even offers online recycling options in some countries.
What happens when you recycle a Macbook?
What is Apple Trade In? It’s our trade-in and recycling program that’s good for you and the planet. If your trade-in device is eligible for credit, you can offset the purchase price of a new one. If it’s not eligible for credit, you can recycle it for free.
What is recycle fee Apple?
An Electronic Waste Recycling Fee is a fee imposed by government on new purchases of electronic products. The fees are used to pay for the future recycling of these products, as many contain hazardous materials. Mar 19, 2019 5:16 AM.
How do I wipe my MacBook Pro Clean?
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
What is my MacBook Pro worth?
MacBook Pro “Sell” Prices (What you can expect to sell for as of 11/11/2021)
|MacBook Pro||Online Buyback Stores||Brick-and-Mortar Stores (Best Buy, with AC adapter)|
|MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2017||$500||$450|
|MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2017||$600||$250|
|MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2016||$540||$0|
|MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2016||$450||$275|
How does Apple recycle their products?
As part of its Material Recovery Lab, Apple has invested in large machinery typically used at e-waste recycling facilities. Daisy can take apart iPhones to recover materials such as cobalt, aluminum and tin, which are then recycled back into the manufacturing process.
How do I erase my macbook air?
How to Wipe a Mac With an M1 Chip
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up. …
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
What to do with old Macs?
What to do with your old Mac
- When is your Mac “too old”? …
- Recycle your old Mac with the Apple Trade In program. …
- Clean your Mac and get it up to speed. …
- Turn your Mac into a network-attached storage system. …
- Create an emergency Wi-Fi hotspot. …
- Install Linux on your Mac. …
- Back up your Mac. …
- Deauthorize and sign out of your accounts.
What can I do with my old Macbook Pro 2009?
Unless you want to turn it into a home decor item, you could use at least these 7 creative ways to turn it into something new.
- Install Linux on your old Mac. …
- Make your old Apple laptop a Chromebook. …
- Make a network-attached system out of your old Mac. …
- Create an emergency Wi-Fi hotspot. …
- Sell or recycle your old Mac.
Does Best Buy take old computers to recycle?
Take Them to Best Buy. … If you have old electronics, or batteries, or old devices with built-in batteries, check out Best Buy’s Electronics Recycling Program web page to see which items are accepted at your local store.