How many major sources of solid waste are there based on their origin? Explanation: There are broadly 9 sources of solid waste. They are residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, construction & demolition areas, municipal services, treatment plants, agriculture and biomedical. 2.
What are the major sources of solid waste?
The following are major sources of solid waste:
- Residential. Residences and homes where people live are some of the major sources of solid waste. …
- Industrial. …
- Commercial. …
- Institutional. …
- Construction and Demolition Areas. …
- Municipal Services. …
- Treatment Plants and Sites. …
How many sources of solid waste are there?
SOURCES AND TYPES OF SOLID WASTES
|Source||Typical waste generators|
|Residential||Single and multifamily dwellings|
|Industrial||Light and heavy manufacturing, fabrication, construction sites, power and chemical plants.|
|Commercial||Stores, hotels, restaurants, markets, office buildings, etc.|
What are the major categories of wastes according to their sources of origin?
Sources of waste can be broadly classified into four types: Industrial, Commercial, Domestic, and Agricultural.
- Industrial Waste. These are the wastes created in factories and industries. …
- Commercial Waste. Commercial wastes are produced in schools, colleges, shops, and offices. …
- Domestic Waste. …
- Agricultural Waste.
What are 7 types of solid wastes?
Types of Solid Wastes
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
- Construction and Demolition Debris.
- Industrial/Commercial Waste.
- Hazardous Waste Lamps.
- Regulated Medical Waste.
- Used Electronic Equipment.
- Used Oil.
- Waste Tires.
How many major steps are there in solid waste management?
7 Stages of Solid Waste Management Process. The solid waste management process is divided into quite a few different stages. The solid waste is generated, processed, stored, transferred, collected, recycled and then finally disposed.
What are 5 sources of waste?
8 Main Sources of Solid Wastes
- Municipal solid wastes: These are solid wastes from home, offices, stores, schools, hospitals, hotels etc. …
- Industrial Solid Wastes: ADVERTISEMENTS: …
- Mining solid wastes: …
- Fertilizers: …
- Pesticides and Biocides: …
- Excretory products of humans and livestock: …
- Electronic wastes: …
- Hospital Wastes:
What are the sources of municipal solid waste?
Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)—more commonly known as trash or garbage—consists of everyday items we use and then throw away, such as product packaging, grass clippings, furniture, clothing, bottles, food scraps, newspapers, appliances, paint, and batteries. This comes from our homes, schools, hospitals, and businesses.
What is waste and what are the sources of waste?
Wastes can be generated from various sources. This includes trash or garbage from households, schools, offices, marketplaces, restaurants and other public places. Everyday items like food debris, used plastic bags, soda cans and plastic water bottles, broken furniture, broken home appliances, clothing, etc.
How many types of wastes are there?
Conclusion: Waste can be classified into five types of waste which is all commonly found around the house. These include liquid waste, solid rubbish, organic waste, recyclable rubbish and hazardous waste. Make sure that you segregate your waste into these different types to ensure proper waste removal.
What are the major solid waste in India Class 10?
Sources of Solid Wastes
- Solid domestic garbage.
- Solid waste material from various industries.
- Solid agricultural waste.
- Plastics, glass, metals, e-waste, etc.
- Medical waste.
- Construction waste, sewage sludge.
How many types of wastes are found in our body?
The body must excrete waste to maintain itself. There are four primary methods of waste excretion in humans. What happens to your body’s waste?