Waste segregation at source is mandatory. Households are required to separate waste into three streams – Organic or Biodegradable waste, Dry waste (such as plastic, paper, metal and wood), and Domestic Hazardous waste (diapers, napkins, mosquito repellents, cleaning agents).
What are the major solid wastes in India Class 10?
Sources of Solid Wastes
- Solid domestic garbage.
- Solid waste material from various industries.
- Solid agricultural waste.
- Plastics, glass, metals, e-waste, etc.
- Medical waste.
- Construction waste, sewage sludge.
What are the 5 solid waste?
Some of the common solid wastes obtained from these places include glass, rubber waste, plastics, food wastes, wood, paper, metals, cardboard materials, electronics as well as various hazardous wastes.
What is solid waste India?
Municipal solid waste includes garbage (highly decomposable objects, such as food), trash (bulky items, such as tree branches or old appliances), and rubbish (slowly decomposable items, such as paper, glass, or metal objects). [ 11] Commonly, solid waste includes trash or garbage consisting everyday items.
What are examples of solid waste?
Examples of solid wastes include the following materials when discarded:
- waste tires.
- scrap metal.
- latex paints.
- furniture and toys.
- appliances and vehicles.
- oil and anti-freeze.
What are the 3 main types of waste?
Types of Waste
- Liquid Waste. Liquid waste includes dirty water, wash water, organic liquids, waste detergents and sometimes rainwater. …
- Solid Rubbish. Solid rubbish includes a large variety of items that may be found in households or commercial locations. …
- Organic Waste. …
- Recyclable Rubbish. …
- Hazardous Waste.
What is solid waste Class 12?
Solid wastes refer to everything that goes out in trash. Municipal solid wastes are wastes from homes, offices, stores, schools, hospitals.
What is solid waste Class 9?
1. When the unwanted solid material is discarded in the environment by human beings it is called solid waste. 2. The municipal solid wastes include the waste generated from domestic, industrial and commercial sources.
What is solid waste Upsc?
Solid waste refers to all non-liquid wastes that include Solid as well as semi-solid wastes, but excluding Human and Animal excreta.
What are the 6 types of solid wastes?
Types of Solid Wastes
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
- Construction and Demolition Debris.
- Industrial/Commercial Waste.
- Hazardous Waste Lamps.
- Regulated Medical Waste.
- Used Electronic Equipment.
- Used Oil.
- Waste Tires.
What are the 6 types of solid waste management?
6 Main Types of Solid Waste Management
- a. Municipal Solid Waste (MSW):
- b. Hazardous Wastes:
- c. Industrial Wastes:
- d. Agricultural Wastes:
- e. Bio-Medical Wastes:
- f. Waste Minimization:
What are the major sources of waste?
Sources of waste can be broadly classified into four types: Industrial, Commercial, Domestic, and Agricultural.
- Industrial Waste. These are the wastes created in factories and industries. …
- Commercial Waste. Commercial wastes are produced in schools, colleges, shops, and offices. …
- Domestic Waste. …
- Agricultural Waste.